- Type: Energy Services
- Investor: IADB
- Category: Sustainability
- Value: $45M
- Status: Implementation
Sustainable Energy Investment Programme (Energy Smart Fund 2)
to increase the use of viable RE and EE technologies in Barbados
- a package of financing instruments aimed at providing funding and technical assistance for energy users to design and develop renewable energy and energy efficiency projects;
- the promotion of renewable energy and related technologies that are conducive to increased renewable energy penetration (such as energy storage and smart grids); and
- capacity building and institutional strengthening to enable the successful implementation of the programme.
Objective of Energy Smart Fund II
- data collection and project monitoring;
- public education and awareness and
- studies on renewable energy and energy efficiency applications and trends.