Research and Planning Unit
The mission of the Research & Planning Unit of the Energy Division is to conduct research and analysis to inform policy and to advise the Ministry on economic and financial aspects of the energy production, storage, consumption, investment, distribution, pricing and related fiscal issues of the Offshore Oil and Gas Sector.
The objectives of the Research & Planning Unit of the Energy Division are as follows:
- Collect and compile energy related data
- Conduct economic and financial analysis to inform decisions relating to energy
- Provide advice and formulate strategies to ensure the efficient production, consumption and pricing of energy products and services
- Conduct appraisals for energy related prices
- Assist in the development and the establishment of the Offshore Exploration and Production of oil and gas
- Improve networks between the Energy Division and stakeholders in the energy sectors including:
- Barbados National Oil Company
- Barbados National Terminal Company Ltd.
- National Petroleum Corporation
- Barbados Statistical Service
- The University of the West Indies
Mr. Bryan Haynes, Chief Project Analyst, heads the Research & Planning Unit.
Research and Planning Unit (Energy Division)
Trinity Business Center
Country Road, St. Michael
Tel: (246) 434-2505
Fax: (246) 436-6004